The SOUL of Baltimore
As we enter the final week of the 2017/18 Season, the leading ladies of SOUL The Stax Musical reflected on their roles in the blockbuster production and on giving standout performances in such large cast full of talented, dedicated actors.
Having immersed themselves in the show, the women still found time to discover and explore the city of Baltimore. Here’s a short list of things that charmed them in Charm City:
- The amazing architecture of Mount Vernon
- John Waters (who came to a performance of SOUL)
- Baltimore’s extensive vegan dining options (special shout outs to Land of Kush and GruB Factory)
- Harbor East
- Fells Point
- The National Aquarium
- El Suprimo Records (where Tasha Taylor found a vintage Johnnie Taylor Album)
- Poolside dining at the Pendry Hotel
- Good ol’ steamed Maryland Blue Crabs
To hear more from Allison Semmes (Carla Thomas/Jean Knight), Tasha Taylor (Mavis Staples/Mable John), Mary Jo Mecca (Estelle Axton), Anastasia McCleskey (Deanie Parker), and Stage Manager Danielle Teague-Daniels, watch their full interview on Facebook.