- By Amy Herzog
- Directed by Lila Neugebauer
Set 10 years after After the Revolution, 91-year-old grandmother Vera Joseph takes center stage when, after a tragic loss on a cross-country bike trip, her 21-year-old grandson Leo shows up at her apartment. As a one-night stopover turns into an extended stay, these unlikely roommates frustrate, bewilder, and—eventually—connect with each other. In ways funny, raw, and heart-wrenching, grandmother and grandson find the common identity each needs.
The Amy Herzog Festival: 4000 Miles and After the Revolution
Center Stage introduces Baltimore to playwright Amy Herzog, one of the most exciting voices in American theater, through two of her hit plays—staged in repertory for the first time ever. Featuring three generations of one New York family, After the Revolution and 4000 Miles are gripping and surprising examinations of the unending power of family to shape our identities and our lives.
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or email@example.com.
In the News
- 'After the Revolution’ and ‘4000 Miles,’ two plays at Center Stage...
- The Baltimore Sun—A memorable journey of ‘4000 Miles’ at Center Stage
- DC Metro Theater Arts—‘4000 Miles’ at Centerstage
- DC Theater Scene—Herzog’s 4000 Miles at Center Stage, a ripe, rollicking comedy
- MD Theatre Guide—‘4000 Miles’ at Center Stage