- By Amy Herzog
- Directed by Lila Neugebauer
Emma Joseph is young, ambitious, talented, and about to put the ideals of her politically leftist, New York family into action. But a long-buried secret about her much-loved blacklisted grandfather threatens her work and throws her principles—and loyalties—into question. As the family, including grandmother Vera, wrestle with their legacy, Emma must chart her own course forward.
The Amy Herzog Festival: 4000 Miles and After the Revolution
Center Stage introduces Baltimore to playwright Amy Herzog, one of the most exciting voices in American theater, through two of her hit plays—staged in repertory for the first time ever. Featuring three generations of one New York family, After the Revolution and 4000 Miles are gripping and surprising examinations of the unending power of family to shape our identities and our lives.
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
- The Baltimore Sun—Amy Herzog blends family history in two acclaimed plays
- The Baltimore Sun—Ashton Heyl on the emotional impact of Center Stage's 'After the Revolution'
- Baltimore STYLE—Amy Herzog examines her politically charged family history without apology...
- City Paper—'After the Revolution' and '4000 Miles,' two plays at Center Stage, focus on a family...