- Music and Lyrics by Bob Marley
- Book by Kwame Kwei-Armah
From Center Stage Artistic Director Kwame Kwei-Armah, comes a world premiere musical based on the life and music of Bob Marley. After surviving an assassination attempt in 1976, Marley left Jamaica for London, where he spent nearly two years in self-imposed exile. Chronicling the events surrounding this earth-shaking moment, Marley tells the story of a man transformed into one of the 20th Century’s most important cultural figures. Set in the soundscape of an era, this new musical weaves together the life and music of a man who, to heal himself, first healed his homeland.
Christopher Dews, Tracey Farrar, Gary Kayi Fletcher, Victoria Harper, Bill Hurlbut, Kyle A. Jackson, Jeff Kirkman III, Mawk, Allison McLean, Marili Mejias, Olu Butterfly Woods
Music Supervisor, Arranger/Orchestrator
Music Director, Additional Arrangements/Orchestrations
Acting Coach to Mr. Brunings
Dance and Fight Captain
Assistant Stage Manager
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
- The Washington Post—‘Marley’ rises up in Baltimore
- City Paper—Trenchtown to Sandtown: ‘Marley’ premieres at Center Stage...
- Wall Street Journal—How a director found the right man to play reggae legend Bob Marley
- The New York Times—Bob Marley Musical Set for Baltimore’s Center Stage
- Baltimore Magazine—Center Stage finds its Bob Marley in Holland
- American Theatre Magazine—‘Kwame Kwei-Armah imagines Marley in exile'