- Book and Lyrics by Marsha Norman
- Music by Lucy Simon
- Based on the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Directed by Marcia Milgrom Dodge
Orphaned in a cholera epidemic, 10-year-old Mary Lennox travels from India to her new home in England where she is taken in by her distant and detached uncle, Archibald Craven, who is still grieving from the loss of his wife a decade earlier. Secrets of the past haunt the corners of the Craven manor, and soon Mary can only find refuge in a mysteriously locked garden that becomes her kingdom and her oasis. A lush, Tony and Drama Desk Award-winning musical based on the classic novel of the same name, The Secret Garden is an enchanting story about the pains and joys of growing up, and the beauty that often grows in the places we least expect.
“A show about courageous children who show lost adults how to deal with their pasts and embrace their gifts.”—The Chicago Tribune
Please note: no one under the age of 6 is permitted into the theater.
Music Director/ Orchestral Arranger
Associate Music Director/ Conductor/ Keyboardist
Puppet Designer/ Construction
Assistant Stage Manager
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or email@example.com.
In the News
- DC Metro Theater Arts — ‘The Secret Garden’ at Center Stage
- WYPR — The Rousuck Review: "The Secret Garden"
- DC Theatre Scene — A sumptuous Secret Garden at Center Stage
- The Baltimore Sun — A fertile 'Secret Garden' at Center Stage
- Theatre Bloom — REVIEW: THE SECRET GARDEN AT CENTERSTAGE