- By KJ Sanchez with Jenny Mercein
- Directed by Tony Taccone
Baltimore. Loves. Football.
And as the season kicks into high gear, Center Stage brings you a deeply moving, ripped-from-the-headlines play about our love for the game. Based on interviews with players, their families, and their fans, X’s and O’s delves deep into the questions that are being asked around dinner tables across the country: what are the dangers of the game? Should our children play? How do we balance our love for the sport with its potential risks? Co-commissioned by Center Stage and Berkeley Repertory Theater, and developed in part through Center Stage’s Play Lab series, X’s and O’s is a celebration of football that fearlessly tackles the sometimes tragic results of our passion for the sport.
“Like the game itself: some of the hits are so hard, they’ll make you uncomfortable, but you won’t want to stop watching.”—San Jose Mercury News (UK)
Lighting and Video Designer
Berkely Repertory Theatre Resident Dramaturg
CSA Casting Director
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or email@example.com.
In the News
- DC Metro Theater Arts — ‘X’s and O’s’ at Centerstage
- BmoreArt — Not Playing Ball
- Broadway World Baltimore — X'S AND O'S - Center Stage Presents a Play About Football
- The Baltimore Sun — Informative and engaging 'X's and O's' at Center Stage warns...
- City Paper — 'X's and O's' offers a thought-provoking examination of our football conundrum