- By Mary Zimmerman
- Directed by Natsu Onoda Power
A SPECTACULAR VISION IN A BRAND NEW THEATER
Mystery and magic intertwine in this fantastical tale brought to life in grand spectacle in the newly renovated Head Theater. Originating from the ancient Chinese fable, The White Snake tells the story of animal spirits White Snake and Green Snake, who take human form as a beautiful woman and her sly servant. White Snake soon falls passionately in love with a poor pharmacist’s assistant, but their relationship is reviled by a conservative monk and tragedy lurks behind their newfound happiness. Complemented by storytelling techniques traditional and new, The White Snake will be a can’t-miss event of the 2016/17 Season for the entire family.
Content Advisory: This magical tale based on a classic Chinese fable is well-suited for middle schoolers and older elementary school students who don’t mind special effects and the length of a full theatrical production.
“Zimmerman doesn't simply fashion engrossing plays; she creates theatrical magic.”—Huffington Post
Approximately 2 hours and 11 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission.
Scenic and Projection Designer
Puppet Designer and Constructor
Hair, Wig & Makeup Design
Assistant Stage Manager
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
- DC Metro Theater Arts—Review: ‘The White Snake’ at Baltimore Center Stage
- MD Theatre Guide—Theatre Review: ‘The White Snake’ at Baltimore Center Stage
- The Baltimore Sun—Theater review: 'White Snake' charms at Center Stage
- DC Theater Scene—A captivating White Snake re-opens the Head Theatre at Baltimore Center Stage
- Broadway World—BWW Review: THE WHITE SNAKE at Center Stage
- WYPR—Rousuck's Review: "The White Snake" At Baltimore Center Stage