- Written and performed by Kelvin Roston, Jr.
- Directed by Derrick Sanders
- In association with Congo Square Theatre
A MUSICAL HOMAGE TO A SOULFUL LEGEND
This powerful one-man show is based on the life of ’70s soul singer and composer Donny Hathaway, perhaps best known for his duets with Roberta Flack. Twisted Melodies is an immersive and crushing play about the brilliant musician’s compelling inner struggle. Torn between the muses that inspire him and the mental illness that torments him, Hathaway evaluates the choices in his life in a gripping performance by Kelvin Roston, Jr.
“Roston is totally convincing as Hathaway.”—Chicago Tribune
Content Advisory: A one-man show based on the genius and mental decline of Donny Hathaway contains adult content and themes of suicide, and may be most suitable for theatergoers in middle school and up.
Approximate runtime is 1 hour and 40 minutes. There is no intermission.
Assistant Stage Manager
In the Press
For all other press related information please go to our Press Room or contact:
Robyn Murphy at 410.986.4016 or email@example.com.
In the News
- The Baltimore Sun—Center Stage play probes troubled mind of Donny Hathaway
- DC Metro Theatre Arts—Review: ‘Twisted Melodies’ at Baltimore Center Stage
- DC Theatre Scene—Donny Hathaway’s life in Twisted Melodies at Baltimore Center Stage (review)
- The Baltimore Sun—Theater review: Brilliant portrayal gives 'Twisted Melodies' soul