Employment opportunities at Baltimore Center Stage range from year-round positions that are fulltime, to seasonal positions that are full or part-time, to temporary "job-in" labor. Current openings are listed below. Please observe posted application guidelines.
Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Partnership Sales Manager
Baltimore Center Stage is seeking a Partnership Sales Manager. The Partnership Sales Manager is responsible for sales to groups of all sizes and affiliations for all of Baltimore Center Stage’s programming. The position is responsible for the cultivating, solicitating, fulfillment, and stewardship of all group related sales, as well as raising awareness of group sales opportunities to new prospects. Candidates with interest and knowledge of theater along with proven sales experience will receive the highest consideration.
Under the leadership of Executive Director Michael Ross and Artistic Director Stephanie Ybarra, BCS produces a wide range of artistic, learning, and community programs. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary duties include:
- Actively pursuing new business for BCS, identifying opportunities to acquire new leads, making cold calls, cultivating relationships, attending events, and delivering effective presentations to large and small groups
- Research, develop and execute groups sales strategies including but not limited to, researching networking opportunities and the cultivation of relationships within the geographic area’s fraternal, social, educational, and religious organizations, grassroots networking methods, and develop and maintain strong rapport with area visitor associations for the purposes of cultivating partnerships and sales opportunities
- Promote awareness to corporate, incentive, affinity groups and association markets by providing presentations and personal sales calls
- Establish and maintain trust and rapport with clients through appropriate coordination of new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business
- In collaboration with the Group Sales Administrator serve as a primary point-of-contact for existing groups and maintain regular communications with group leaders
- Engage customers, analyze their needs, and create proposals tailored to meet those need
- Perform daily telephone solicitations to new and existing accounts/customers
- Report sales activities related to student matinees and help facilitate connections with the Director of Learning and Social Accountability and their team
- Management and oversight of group sales database
- Collaborate with Tessatura Database Coordinator on improvements to Learning Program database entry and increased flexibility in the extraction of data for multiple applications
- Effectively communicate internally and externally through various methods all the while maintaining a strong team mentality to meet goals individually and collectively
- Being a collaborative and supportive Marketing and Communications department team member
Part-time Patron Service Associates
Baltimore Center Stage seeks Patron Service Associates, detail-oriented individuals, committed to exceptional customer service to join our fast-paced Box Office. Primary duties include ticket and subscription sales, by phone and in person; order processing; and serving as an information resource for our patrons.
Successful candidates will be energetic, computer proficient, have strong communication skills, and comfortable with multi-phone line management. Ideal candidates will also have interest or experience in theater or the arts, or box office experience. Evening and weekend hours will be required. Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. This position is a part-time 20-25 hour a week position requiring evening and weekend shifts. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Patron Service Associate” in the subject line.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "BCSTA". No phone calls, please.
Baltimore Center Stage is accepting applications for temporary positions in the areas listed below on an ongoing basis. Please note that temporary positions are only available during our performance season, which runs September through May. Resumes are kept on file for reference and names are added to our call list for contact as needed. An interview process is typically not required/offered. Demand for these positions varies from production to production and from season to season. Positions vary in terms of both required experience and length of commitment. Most are paid on an hourly basis, with calls lasting from four to nine hours. Enthusiasm, intelligence, reliability, and punctuality are as important as experience.
If you are interested in any of the areas below, please email a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Running Crew: wardrobe, follow-spot operator, stagehand
- Costumes: stitching
- Electrics: rigging; hang, maintenance, and focus calls
- Scenery: painting, rigging; load-in and strike calls
- Properties: sculpting, furniture construction and reupholstery, painting, and stitching
- Sound: load-in, rigging, board operation, backline/A2