Employment opportunities at Baltimore Center Stage range from year-round positions that are fulltime, to seasonal positions that are full or part-time, to temporary "job-in" labor. Current openings are listed below. Please observe posted application guidelines.
Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Associate Director of Marketing
Baltimore Center Stage is seeking a Communications Manager.
The Associate Director of Marketing, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, is responsible for the creation, oversight, and execution of strategies that sell, market, promote, and publicize Baltimore Center Stage—its mission, productions, and programs. With a focus on project management, data segmentation, advertising strategy, analysis, and reporting, this full-time position helps cultivate a joy-filled, team-oriented culture that fosters creativity and collaboration.
Advertising and Marketing
- Collaborate closely on the creation and execution of all programmatic and institutional marketing plans and promotions
- Coordinate all ad creation and submission for digital and print, including negotiating rates, pulling remarketing lists, collaborating with the Graphics team, liaising with third-party consultants, etc.
- Coordinate electronic and direct mail marketing lists to leverage strategic audience targeting
- Build and coordinate the assets for standard and triggered eblasts
- Maintain and uphold the Baltimore Center Stage brand in all advertising and marketing
- Supervise Tessitura configurations and organization as it applies to Marketing including overseeing ticket pricing, website integration, and performance holds
- Create promotion offers for direct mail and email marketing efforts
- Manage dynamic pricing for all productions
- Assist Box Office Manager in developing strategies for papering regular and opening night performances as well as discounted ticket sales with third party vendors (i.e. Goldstar, TodayTix, and SeatStir)
- Maintain TRG Data Center data uploading and list management
Reporting and Analysis
- Observe, analyze and report sales data for BCS programming
- Track, analyze, and report responses to all marketing efforts
- Create and monitor audience surveys and focus groups to strategically guide current and future marketing efforts
- Provide weekly sales reports to the Marketing Department, the Finance Department, and Baltimore Center Stage Leadership
- Support the Director of Marketing and Communications in providing monthly reports to the Board of Trustees
- Compile Ticketing Reports at the end of the season for the auditors and institutional reports
- Serve as the primary project manager for the department, ensuring plans are accurately input and tracked into the department’s project management system
- Assist in managing and tracking the Marketing and Communications budget
- Participate in the creation of income goals and forecasts
- Attend weekly meetings as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Marketing Leadership: The ability to communicate with the Director of Marketing & Communications, marketing team members, and other internal and external stakeholders in a successful manner
- Cultural Competence: A sophisticated understanding of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression principles and practices, and the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds
- Project Management: The ability to conceive of both the strategy and operational aspects of a project or program, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Relentless Curiosity: The ability to productively question the status quo and the underlying assumptions contained therein. Solution-oriented, analytical thinking is a must
- Resource Management: The ability to maximize human and financial resources in keeping with core values
- Budget Management: The ability to monitor and forecast spending with well-reasoned accuracy
- Communication: The ability to communicate transparently and effectively across mediums with an emphasis on strong written skills
- Relationship Management: Excellent social skills with an emphasis on building and maintaining meaningful relationships
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
This position is full time with benefits and requires some off-peak hours. Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply: send resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com. Please put Associate Director of Marketing in the subject line.
Baltimore Center Stage is seeking a Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the execution of proactive media outreach and the crafting of press releases, message points and other publications. This position serves as the primary copywriter and producer of online content for the organization and participates in the development of communications strategies. The ideal candidate will possess superior writing skills, has strong relationships with local and national media outlets, and experience curating and producing content for digital media, including newsletters, e-blasts and social media platforms. Knowledge of regional theater Public Relations is highly preferred. Join a dynamic marketing and communications team and enjoy the opportunity to promote one of Baltimore’s leading arts organizations.
Under the leadership of Executive Director Michael Ross and Artistic Director Stephanie Ybarra, BCS produces a wide range of other artistic and community programs. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist with day-to-day management of PR, communications and content strategies
- Draft press materials, including press releases/advisories, media relations pitches, media backgrounders, and contributed articles
- Serves as primary copywriter for all public material including advertising, press releases, social media posts, and website copy
- Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships, produces the production programs for the season by editing/proofing, determining pagination, collecting content (including bios, bio formatting, dramaturgical articles, etc), and generating additional program content when required
- Work collaboratively to ensure public relations and publications activities are aligned with strategic focus
- Support social media efforts, including drafting posts and seeking organic opportunities
- Support proactive media outreach efforts to top-tier and niche media and influential bloggers
- Respond to media inquiries and general inquiries from the public as necessary
- Monitor daily news utilizing media monitoring services
Reports to: Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Looking for candidates who are creative, enterprise-oriented thinkers with a collaborative spirit.
Must have the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with shifting deadlines and priorities. Position is fulltime with benefits.
To apply: send resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Communications Manager in the subject line.
Part-time Patron Service Associates
Baltimore Center Stage seeks Patron Service Associates, detail-oriented individuals, committed to exceptional customer service to join our fast-paced Box Office. Primary duties include ticket and subscription sales, by phone and in person; order processing; and serving as an information resource for our patrons.
Successful candidates will be energetic, computer proficient, have strong communication skills, and comfortable with multi-phone line management. Ideal candidates will also have interest or experience in theater or the arts, or box office experience. Evening and weekend hours will be required. Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. This position is a part-time 20-25 hour a week position requiring evening and weekend shifts. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Patron Service Associate” in the subject line.
Baltimore Center Stage is in search of a part-time Teaching Artist. A Baltimore Center Stage Teaching Artist is a professional theater artist with significant experience as an instructor, who will join Baltimore Center Stage, on a part-time basis, to help young people and classroom teachers learn and utilize the skills, competencies and understandings of theater. The BCS Teaching Artist has the demonstrated ability to design and facilitate arts integrated workshops in Baltimore City area public schools.
- Co-Developing and facilitating theater and arts integration workshops for students and teachers in Baltimore City area public schools
- Facilitating up to 3 workshops per day in Baltimore City area public schools
- Collaborating with Education Department staff and classroom teachers to plan and implement lessons that align with Common Core and National Core Arts Learning Standards
- Guiding students through a process of investigation, reflection, dialogue, and dynamic action around issues and themes that are important and relevant to them
- Participating in team meetings, orientations, and trainings, as required
- Helping students and teachers gain a physical and verbal theatrical vocabulary
- Creating a fun, safe, and supportive environment for teaching and learning
- Using theater-based approaches to catalyze learning and raise levels of student engagement
- Helping students and teachers engage with stories, and share their own stories
- Helping students and teachers build creative confidence and self-awareness through their work
An ideal candidate would have:
- MFA, or an equivalent certificate or experience
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated professional experience in their artistic discipline
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working with children and youth in Baltimore City area public schools, or in a similar urban public school system
- Awareness of Common Core Learning Standards, National Core Arts Learning Standards and MSDE Fine Arts Learning Standards
- Cultural competency and an awareness of popular youth culture
- Understanding of best practices for working with students with emotional, cognitive, and physical disabilities
- Strong critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Dynamic, resourceful, and dedicated to BCS’s mission to provide access for all
Compensation: $50–$100 per hour
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "BCSTA". No phone calls, please.
Baltimore Center Stage is accepting applications for temporary positions in the areas listed below on an ongoing basis. Please note that temporary positions are only available during our performance season, which runs September through May. Resumes are kept on file for reference and names are added to our call list for contact as needed. An interview process is typically not required/offered. Demand for these positions varies from production to production and from season to season. Positions vary in terms of both required experience and length of commitment. Most are paid on an hourly basis, with calls lasting from four to nine hours. Enthusiasm, intelligence, reliability, and punctuality are as important as experience.
If you are interested in any of the areas below, please email a letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Running Crew: wardrobe, follow-spot operator, stagehand
- Costumes: stitching
- Electrics: rigging; hang, maintenance, and focus calls
- Scenery: painting, rigging; load-in and strike calls
- Properties: sculpting, furniture construction and reupholstery, painting, and stitching
- Sound: load-in, rigging, board operation, backline/A2