Employment opportunities at Baltimore Center Stage range from year-round positions that are fulltime, to seasonal positions that are full or part-time, to temporary "job-in" labor. Current openings are listed below. Please observe posted application guidelines.
Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Baltimore Center Stage (LORT B) is accepting applicants for the position of Draper. BCS produces six mainstage shows and a mix of other artistic programs on three stages.
Primary duties include:
- Draping and cutting of assigned costumes
- Altering of costumes bought pulled, or borrowed for all Center Stage productions and events
- Assist the costumer with the inventory and maintenance of workroom supplies and equipment, the organization and upkeep of costume shop stock
Preferred qualifications: Significant experience and training in draping, patterning, fitting, and sewing skills. Professional theater experience is a plus.
Position is fulltime, seasonal with benefits.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, references and portfolio to email@example.com; no phone or fax applications. Please write "Draper" in the subject line.
Part-time Patron Service Associates
Baltimore Center Stage seeks Patron Service Associates, detail-oriented individuals, committed to exceptional customer service to join our fast-paced Box Office. Primary duties include ticket and subscription sales, by phone and in person; order processing; and serving as an information resource for our patrons.
Successful candidates will be energetic, computer proficient, have strong communication skills, and comfortable with multi-phone line management. Ideal candidates will also have interest or experience in theater or the arts, or box office experience. Evening and weekend hours will be required. Baltimore Center Stage is committed to building a diverse community of staff and interns. This position is a part-time 20-25 hour a week position requiring evening and weekend shifts. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Patron Service Associate” in the subject line.
Baltimore Center Stage is in search of a part-time Teaching Artist. A Baltimore Center Stage Teaching Artist is a professional theater artist with significant experience as an instructor, who will join Baltimore Center Stage, on a part-time basis, to help young people and classroom teachers learn and utilize the skills, competencies and understandings of theater. The BCS Teaching Artist has the demonstrated ability to design and facilitate arts integrated workshops in Baltimore City area public schools.
- Co-Developing and facilitating theater and arts integration workshops for students and teachers in Baltimore City area public schools
- Facilitating up to 3 workshops per day in Baltimore City area public schools
- Collaborating with Education Department staff and classroom teachers to plan and implement lessons that align with Common Core and National Core Arts Learning Standards
- Guiding students through a process of investigation, reflection, dialogue, and dynamic action around issues and themes that are important and relevant to them
- Participating in team meetings, orientations, and trainings, as required
- Helping students and teachers gain a physical and verbal theatrical vocabulary
- Creating a fun, safe, and supportive environment for teaching and learning
- Using theater-based approaches to catalyze learning and raise levels of student engagement
- Helping students and teachers engage with stories, and share their own stories
- Helping students and teachers build creative confidence and self-awareness through their work
An ideal candidate would have:
- MFA, or an equivalent certificate or experience
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated professional experience in their artistic discipline
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working with children and youth in Baltimore City area public schools, or in a similar urban public school system
- Awareness of Common Core Learning Standards, National Core Arts Learning Standards and MSDE Fine Arts Learning Standards
- Cultural competency and an awareness of popular youth culture
- Understanding of best practices for working with students with emotional, cognitive, and physical disabilities
- Strong critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Dynamic, resourceful, and dedicated to BCS’s mission to provide access for all
Compensation: $50–$100 per hour
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "BCSTA". No phone calls, please.
Baltimore Center Stage is accepting applications for temporary positions in the areas listed below on an ongoing basis. Please note that temporary positions are only available during our performance season, which runs September through May. Resumes are kept on file for reference and names are added to our call list for contact as needed. An interview process is typically not required/offered. Demand for these positions varies from production to production and from season to season. Positions vary in terms of both required experience and length of commitment. Most are paid on an hourly basis, with calls lasting from four to nine hours. Enthusiasm, intelligence, reliability, and punctuality are as important as experience.
If you are interested in any of the areas below, please email a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Running Crew: wardrobe, follow-spot operator, stagehand
- Costumes: stitching
- Electrics: rigging; hang, maintenance, and focus calls
- Scenery: painting, rigging; load-in and strike calls
- Properties: sculpting, furniture construction and reupholstery, painting, and stitching
- Sound: load-in, rigging, board operation, backline/A2